We offer multiple ways to do a workout depending on the type of workout you'd like to track and what devices you have (3 options below). For more details, see below:
1) Just using your phone - Track moving workouts only
- Just your phone is needed to track moving workouts such as walks, hikes, and runs.
- Click the "Start Earning" button on the home page and get moving! Make sure to keep your phone on you during the workout so we can calculate your steps, elevation, distance, pace, and effort. Tap anywhere to end the workout.
2) Using a Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor - Track any workout
- A heart rate monitor is needed to track stationary workouts such as weight lifting, spin, yoga, crossfit, and any other activity in a gym or at home (i.e. not traveling).
*Note: you can also connect a device for more accurate effort and higher coin earnings for moving workouts such as walks, hikes, and runs.
- We sell our own heart rate monitor that you can purchase here. You can also click here to see a list of other compatible devices and click here for instructions on how to connect a device on iOS or click here for instructions for Android.
- Once your device is connected you should see your heart rate above the heart icon on the home page. Just click "Start Earning" to begin your workout and tap anywhere to end.
3) Using an Apple Watch - Track any workout
- You can use your Apple Watch to track any workout, both outdoors and in the gym.
- By connecting Health during your account setup, you should automatically have PK Rewards downloaded to your Apple Watch.
- You can open the app on your Apple Watch and press the green play button to begin your workout, then press the red stop button to end it.