To connect a Bluetooth heart rate monitor, click the heart icon above the Start Earning circle on the home page. Make sure your device is on your body (and turned on if applicable) before connecting to the app.
- If you are unable to see the device in our sensor connection page, please head to your phone's Bluetooth settings to see if it appears there. If you see your device in your Bluetooth settings but not on our sensor page, please contact support to report the bug (screenshots always appreciated!). If you are not able to see your device in your Bluetooth settings, try replacing the battery or contacting the support team for your specific device.
- Please note that some devices are not compatible with our app, see this list for more details.
*Note: there are two main types of heart rate monitors:
ECG (Electrocardiography) sensors measure the bio-potential generated by electrical signals that control the expansion and contraction of heart chambers.
PPG (Photoplethysmography) sensors use light-based technology to sense the rate of blood flow as controlled by the heart's pumping action.
- ECG device troubleshooting:
- Please make sure your device is on you before trying to connect. It may take a few seconds to get a signal. To improve connection, try slightly wetting the connector strap which can help conduct the electrical signal. If your device still isn't showing for connection, it may be because of your battery.
- PPG device troubleshooting:
- Please make sure your device is on and a green light appears on the bottom (in contact with your skin). To improve your connection, wear the device on the lightest part of your skin, such as the underside of your wrist.